Popular Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

Twilight Zone Episode, “Number 12 Looks Just Like You”

This Episode of the Twilight Zone is about a future society in which everyone must undergo an operation to become beautiful. When changed at age 19, everyone looks the same because they are all genetically changed in the same operation. The main character in this episode is said to be “ugly” and she doesn’t want to undergo the operation because she wants to keep her own identity. Throughout the episode, I didn’t understand why older people call those who are not changed yet “ugly”. I think that this might have just been what they would say because they do not fit in or look the same as those who are “beautiful”/have undergone the operation.
This episode fits under the genre of mad scientists because it involves genetically changing people. I think that it is very interesting but also very weird in the way that everyone looks the same when they are changed. I don’t think that I would want to look the same as everyone else if our society was like this. I feel like I would be like the 19 year old women who did not want to undergo the operation. She wanted to keep her own identity even if she was considered “ugly”. I think that it would be crazy if our future society was like this! No one would be unique/their own individual and younger people would be judged negatively. I think that this episode of the Twilight Zone is very interesting but also has some crazy ideas about future societies.

No comments:

Post a Comment